Sunday, May 6, 2018

Shadow of no tomorrow

sound of rain hides behind dark windows
moon catches a glimpse of its reflection in the storm's sigh
morning is clothed in white clouds
what is revealed by this silence
that has never left

spring rains bend the daffodil stalks
dripping with tears
their blossoms gone


such a lustrous ache... the delicate tender sensuousness of life streaming through you as you... love and love lost... sorrow, joy, how wondrous we can feel so deeply... 
...all of it a seamless embrace, a swoon of a caress from the inside from the outside erasing all sides... the mirror was lost in its own reflection and wept and wept at the beauty of its own tears...

without this and that what is there?
without the mirror of your eyes I cannot find myself
without these eyes, there is no beauty
nor love

nor mists swirling around the mountains 
settling in the valleys
waiting for the mourning sun



Always looking for the big wow 
I could never find it 
I was it 
life found me and kissed my imaginary parameters into a love song unlike no other...
Words simply petals falling swooning into their own softness
staves the lines that seem to contain the music
our imaginary lines bleed into a flowered curtain 
that was never open or closed
it is all a play 
light and shadow
and the scent of evening...

moon slides over the canyon walls
a bit of light still glows
drinking this precious flower
of this simple poem
where words melt into a flowing river 
spilling onto this page
here is my heart
it was never mine


she would throw back her head and laugh
it was a brittle laugh
I wept at her beauty
one day she revealed her sublime sorrow
I wept at her beauty
she never came again to our bench by the sea

I see her singing and laughing and pretending
I weep at her beauty

the sigh of oceans
never crossed

I miss her and love her
they are not separate
nor are we
inside the mirror
there is not even emptiness


We are empty echoes 
flowing description 
There is nothing underneath these words
No one having this thought
This feeling
This sensation 
This life
A seamless flow without even a tear in-between the wet and the river
The sound of no tomorrow sounds like this 

A thousand winters cannot erase the death of summer


clouds only appear to clothe your nakedness
who could wear the sky? 
who could wear the morning song
that sings you...

who could wear the dancing trees
or the wind 
or the arabesque of light
that swoons into the canyon...
who could catch the sun
as it runs up the mountain into sky?

who could wear this love
this sorrow
this intimate aloneness
that has no clothes?

these tears
that no one weeps
never left the river
it rushes roars and silently flows down the canyon
echoes its song on the tall mountain walls 
there is no source to this light this life 
it drinks me
as I drink it
I am intoxicated



I thought I could let loose this love 
But I am learning to step back
Like this ever present awe 
It sings, still 
These tears you may not notice 
Illuminate my eyes 

This slow sensuous waltz 
Light and shadow 
leaves trunks and branches 
dance in their own sea of green 
As dark mountain echoes 
Pirouette with sun’s embrace 
One red flower by the path 

This beauty loosed itself upon me 
Slaughtered me with its ravishing intimacy 
Pierced me with loves heart magic 
Exploding and imploding into fathomless softness 
Where all and everything is an arabesque of love. 

I love you I love you I love you I sing 
Earth and sky reflected in your vast eyes 
Where seas drink this tempest of love 

But I may just say 
Hello 
Or good morning 
The rakes of your discomfort 
Hurt me as well. 



Spring reveals a leafless tree
Clothed in clouds
Reaching for sun it can never drink

Winds will never dance with these gnarled branches
Birds may nest in its hollow crookedness 
The ones that need not hide

Nothing can steal this peace
No one can lose it 
Or find it
Yet death may follow a river of ten thousand words 
Sunk under its own weight 
Of trying to catch the sunrise

No one sleeps under the tree
In the shadow of tomorrow
No one looks for autumn leaves
In summer

This brilliance has no source 
Where no one drinks
Shadows dance with their own reflection
Wind sighs yet does not move
Without my tender cheek 

I am the love the lover and the beloved
Yet I need you to dance, to find my feet 
Come here, lets gather in the meadow
Where flowers grow on winters grave
All our dreams of summer 
Gone
All our dreams
Is this dream



Just a mile in your shoes is a lifetime in my heart. 




our hearts have always known and sung this song, yet we were too fearful to listen for we knew it would break us apart, shatter even ideas of love, and it did...  

For deeper than deep every secret hidden place there was a ripping apart revealing this most magnificent gem, infinitely faceted petals blooming and falling. 

sky falls down in tears
the river 
roars
softly
falling 
into the sea


Life happens as it does...
we are the singer and the song... 
the lover and the love.

We look in mirrored winds flowing....
we know it is us dancing...
love songs writing themselves with gossamer wing'd colored tears...
it sails through us as we are it sailing through endless skies

laughing


the crown topples off
the anchor is lost
drifting rudderless in uncharted edgeless seas... 
it is love's heart essence that fills your sails
as it empties them... 
playing tunes that have never been heard or lost 
spreading
everywhere

in and through you as you 
the dancingness itself 
was never found
yet felt deeply

they sang alone
together
disolv'd into themselves



she was the ache of the evening
the song of the sidewalks
the lovers breath at midnight

moonlight flowed through her
as she was the light
and the flow
and the morning song that hid in tall dark shadows 
sleeping

waiting for your lovers kiss
or your next breath
will leave you breathless

waiting for the words that will patch your broken heart
you will watch this love 
this love
this love
you feared to lose
bleed into the world

an empty dress swirls
covered in mirrors
you are endless sky 
and the morning glory
wilting


rain on rain on rain on rain
wet in wet in wet in wet
I am the rainsong
and the hush
of no tomorrow

river swells 
my heart bursts
empty songs
fill no silence

clouds do not hide the sky
nor rain these tears
nor darkness
this love


No comments:

Post a Comment