Sunday, November 18, 2018

Ocean of song

Where is yesterday’s sky
Where are the tears of tomorrow
When is your heart
Not weeping

I see the footprint of my heart
Hanging in it’s own shadow
Blossoming into golden
autumn leaves falling




softly softly moonlight laps the water's edge
quail run up the canyon
who rode across the sunset
to gaze at her reflection
and lost herself in mountain echo
stretching its arms into the sea?

words skim the shallows
dive into the interior
dissolve the skin of sound
disappear into the thick of light



Such are we... memories swirling into and through their own heart shapes... like the smoke rings my mother used to make



finger combing the air
there is not even breath to catch
nor anyone to wear
the wind
mouthing the words
that no one can sing
they lie on the tip of my tongue
as they swallow me

winged iridescence
hovers on the rose
the nectar of life
the marrow of love
cannot be distilled
or drunk
yet I am intoxicated



Quite simply it felt like dying
The sky shattered as I fell through its mirror
Every shard pierced my heart... I discovered there were no sides to the mirror
No middle
No time dimension causality... no things or non things whatsoever
And yet I never fought it
It always felt natural
I knew when the armeggeddon was happening that I could not do anything
And the resulting seamlessness
The big wow
I knew had always been the case... so indescribably perfect
Knowing perfection and non perfection were made up
I thought many must know this
Yet I have found only a very few

I never thought about turning back... I had no one with which to share this... no sage or friend or place of refuge
At the end I was mourning my own death
Although I did not know it then
My heart hurt worse than when my mother died
Had no idea this was enlightenment...



cold moon skies
wind blown clouds
sail through tree shadows
and the waters
rippling

blooming and wilting
falling though itself
first breath
last breath
first kiss
last kiss
life has kissed me with death

shattered mirrors on the pavement
lost to the night long ago
golden leaves of yesteryear
crumbling
I am fading memories
of love's reflection

I have no home
other than your beautiful eyes




sunset suspended on golden wings
shadows falling through clouds
moon waits behind the mountain...
who waits for the sun's return
whilst basking in its warmth and light?

floating
in the absence of waiting
there are no edges to this love
no words to this song
light and shadow flow
an elegant pas de deux
no one dances
yet I watch them pirouette
and swoon through me
echoing my reflection
painted with air
in air

last bird sings
echoes in the dark
is there mountain
when I cannot see it?
is there wind
when I cannot feel it?
through the window
not even moon
only my reflection
and the Christmas lights
dancing



and how to measure the distance between echoes when the canyon dissolves...



hollow flute
echoes your bittersweet melancholy
morning reveals
golden marigolds withering
last nights candle
red wax spilled on the window sill
early fog lifts
smoke from the fireworks last night
the pilgrims cooking fires by the lake
and the bodies burning

on the road out of town we see
a dead calf ripped apart by hungry dogs
we saw him yesterday
frayed rope around his neck trailing in the dust
they throw the dead ones out here
away from the bustling village
they burn their own dead
desert winds blow the ashes
holy men smear them on their bodies
hoping to recognize this beautiful impermanence

we are memories
watercolors on the river
afterimages of fading snapshots
ricocheting wonder
that we can feel so deeply
love so intensely
this intimacy
has no boundaries



desert blooms
golden dust swirls
ants scurry across the sands
leaving a necklace of footprints
raven in the thorn trees
punctuates the trail of music
leading from the ancient town
words slide in and out of focus
of all who long to merge with god
songs of fervent longing color endless paths
circling circling

I wander as wonder itself
knowing there is no god nor anyone to merge with him
clothed in the shadow of wind



pigeons
startled into flight
scattered sunlight
pours through fields of marigolds
their scent flowers and is plucked
wilting into ten thousand kisses
falling through these ancient streets
echoes of love songs

crow sits on a electric line
a timeline between earth and shadow
between these words
and the sound of love's breath
on the window
morning mist
wrote my name
looking in
looking out
here and there collided
the glass shattered
every shard reflected love's name
as they pierced my heart
again and again
until it was no longer mine



cold moon falls behind the canyon
dream-scape of night collapses into itself
this abyss that cannot be crossed
illuminates itself
staccato of consonants are its running streams
wind its reflection of vowels
streaming

dawn dreams my empty shadow
black, a prism of all color, sings
rainbow's echo beats my heart
we are leagues of stars
leading nowhere
we never could hold moonlight
and no longer cared to merge
as our silhouettes had lost their shadows
in this edgeless flowering brilliance

I can only remember the elegance of the dance
this song of love and endless oceans breathing
we danced one lofty night
as our nakedness entwined
alone
together



autumn leaves
golden blooming
falling
winged shadows swooping
layers of light filtering through light
melting sunlight on the waters
an echo of your hand
across the canyon
I am memories of love burning
how fragrant the years fading
roses in the snow



how hot the tiger's breath
how tight the dragon's embrace
to split heaven's door
and wrench sunlight
from diamonds?

this is always
our first and last kiss

I see the fruit bats fly in
to where the egrets just left
wheeling in spirals across the holy lake
ancient songs in their mouths
wing spans as wide as that distant mountain
we once climbed
there is no measurement to this side-less love
no path to the top

feet move
hearts beat
just one kiss
of moonlight
and the hills
dance


ocean of sound flows through me
floating through multi layered translucent rainbow iridescence
I am its song and its reflection
naturally perfect brilliance unending
without beginning
ever blooming 
ever wilting
without time or timeless-ness
without movement or permanence 
every petal falls
coloring the waves of life with death unceasing
the gaze of no tomorrow leaves liquid eyes
burning turning flowing flowering
weeping
looking out
looking in
this edgeless water color dream-scape
of wet in wet
dances
like this



1 comment:

  1. ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤ L❤vE always... Love and Love

    ReplyDelete